"I don't need to see everything...just more of You"

Sunday, April 22, 2012

my peek-a-boo house

i found a great website, www.icanteachmychild.com. it's full of fantastic ideas, projects, and tips for teaching and playing with children of any age! this peek-a-boo house idea is one of my favorites. you can find the original here: http://www.icanteachmychild.com/2010/11/peek-boo-house/. here's my version:




i found a great piece of cardboard with these flaps to make it a little more interesting and also used lids from items other than just wipes containers (ie: plastic spice and candy containers, truvia container, boogie wipes, and chicken stock boxes). instead of felt for the coverings, i used the flannel baby blankets my little one is no longer using (i am a sentimental fool!) and added scrapbook paper to the tops of lids (mine have different animals on them). i used photos under some of the lids and placed various colors of scrapbook paper under the others (ie: the blue lid has blue paper underneath with "blue" written on it). this was really fun to make and totally worth the second degree burn i got from my glue gun!

No comments:

Post a Comment