"I don't need to see everything...just more of You"

Monday, July 25, 2011

symptomatology

there are some people out there who say they feel beautiful, sexy even, when they are pregnant. i am not those people.

don't get me wrong...i LOVE being pregnant and i am finally at a place where i think my belly looks cute (keep your trap shut if you disagree...). but sexy is not even in my vocabulary at this point.

it's funny to me how some women don't even know they are pregnant until sometime into their second trimester. even if i hadn't been checking everything daily like a maniac, there's no way that was slipping up on me. my symptoms wouldn't let me be surprised.

i think i've had them all...
nausea, vomiting, extreme exhaustion, having the appetite of a small dinosaur, hot flashes, sinus problems, headaches, swollen feet, a touch of high blood pressure, and heartburn/indigestion (i thought these were two different things, but i have been informed otherwise...). oh, and don't forget mood swings. God bless my sweet husband.

and now, i have the joy (and distinct honor) of adding another, lesser known symptom to my list. i have been diagnosed with meralgia paresthetica (when i say "i have been diagnosed", i mean that i googled it). sounds glamourous, right? oh...it is!! the short version is that my big o' belly (or my other uterus) is pushing on a tendon that is pinching off a nerve causing me to be unable to feel sensation on my thigh. it's totally numb. and it's very weird. i feel itchiness, and when i scratch the itch goes away, only i can't feel myself scratching...bizarre.... the doctor didn't even know what to call it (i told her i googled it. she didn't seem all that impressed).

so when people ask me, "how are you feeling?" i smile and say "great!"
and i do feel great. i have a beautiful baby growing in my belly and feel blessed beyond measure. symptoms and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment