"I don't need to see everything...just more of You"

Sunday, January 22, 2012

it happened

we had a big day ahead of us. we had visits to make, a lunch date even. and we both looked super cute. i had actually managed to get us dressed, my hair fixed, and was actually ahead of schedule. we were sneaking in a quick feeding and then the plan was to get the heck out of there.

and that's when it happened.

i had prepared myself for possible spit up by covering both arms, my shoulders, and my chest with burp cloths. i knew the liklihood of getting spit up on (since i looked so cute) was high, and i was ready.

i didn't count on the poop. yes, my sweet baby had on a diaper. yes, it was properly fastened. no, it didn't hold in the poop. as i sat little brooks on my leg (one of the few areas left unprotected) for a burp, out squished the poop. it came over the top of the diaper. it plopped onto my leg and my freshly semi-ironed pants (by "semi-ironed" i mean that i had thrown them in the dryer to get some of the wrinkles out...let's face it...standards have now dropped dramatically for me...actually that's not true...i have frequently "semi-ironed" my clothes for years...now i just have an excuse!)

but back to the poop. out it came and i shrieked while brooks looked at me as if to say, "geez mom, it's just a little poop...get over it already." we both quickly derobed and wet wipes were used in excess. my next pair of pants didn't get the dryer treatment, but we managed to pull ourselves together somehow and make it in time for our dates.

good times...good times  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment