"I don't need to see everything...just more of You"

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

amoxicillin and a prayer for mercy: part two

apparently i have a word limit on this blog...whatever...

after my conversation with God, in which He made it clear that i was to wait.  and to trust.  ugh.  i then spent more time in prayer for His help in doing this. it's just not a natural thing for me. when i tucked brooks in, i laid my hands on his little body and prayed that he would be hungry today, that he would want to eat, and that God would bless his body and help him feel better. i didn't go to sleep with any answers, but i did feel more at peace.

we got up this morning, and while i was making eggs and pancakes (who could resist, right?!), The Lord prompted me to spend more time with Him. i got my bible out, and read psalm 130 out loud again. i said, "Lord, this is a mother's prayer for mercy. he needs to eat. he hasn't eaten well in days. i need him to eat. please help me be patient. help me not stress him out. just help! i trust You."

brooks ate his eggs and cheese. all of them.  ALL OF THEM. and half of a blueberry pancake.

i'm not going to lie. i cried a few tears of joy. of thankfulness. of relief.

it's a silly, little, mundane thing. but my God cares. and this morning, He had mercy on my tired, scared and frustrated momma's heart.

He is teaching me with the little things. showing me with my little one. parenting is so full of God's grace...but i have to wait and trust if i'm ever to see it. i have to cry out for His help, for His mercy, in my every thought, word, and deed. i can't do this on my own. my husband can't. even our best together isn't good enough. we need His hand, His help. even, and especially, in the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment