"I don't need to see everything...just more of You"

Thursday, June 16, 2011

a glimpse into the future

my sweet husband took me on a babymoon this week (it's like a honeymoon...but since it's probably our last trip before the baby comes, it's called a babymoon. just think about it...).

we went to a quaint little bed and breakfast in chattanooga (the chanticleer inn on top of lookout mountain). the food was delicious, the pool was refreshing (although a tad on the noisy side), and getting away from normalcy for a couple of days with my favorite person was nice and relaxing. we read books, we took naps, and we tested our phobias.

i am not a fan of enclosed spaces. i can do it...i just don't like to. the tighter the space, the more agitated i get. we took a little cave tour and i strugged with some of the more narrow passageways. jeremy tried soothe me...i bit his head off. fun was had by all.

while i do not find it humorous AT ALL to make fun of my claustrophobia, i do find it fairly entertaining to witness my poor husband's fear of heights (that's terrible, i know...). it's a serious fear, and we tested it out at rock city. just for giggles, i took the path that said there was a swinging bridge up ahead...i knew we would never make it across, but i suppose i was feeling mischevious. i don't think my foot even made it onto the bridge before i heard a very serious "don't you dare take a step. that thing is moving" from behind me. you see, his fears aren't just for himself. he doesn't want me to be on high places either...especially swinging high places.

i obediently backed up and we took an alternate route...only to find ourselves face to face with lover's leap, the point from which you can see seven states at the same time. it's not a ledge, per se, but it is a very high cliff. jeremy flatly refused to go out onto it, despite the railings, and he begged me not to either. i politely declined (it sounded something like, "i paid 20 bucks...i'm going out there") and when i had reached the limit he had mentally set for me, he showed me how great of a father he is going to be.

he assumed the position of pointing down beside him (to show me where i needed to be), made a very mean growly face, and yelled "you get back over here!" for all to hear. it was hilarious. he was dead serious, as he never yells, and i stayed out a few seconds longer before deciding it might be good for me to do as i was being told. he hugged me like i had nearly died when i got beside him...and then he realized all the people around us were laughing.

safely back under my husband's care, we both started laughing along with the rest of the people. the memory of him yelling at me with that face, and the pointing...i will always laugh and i can't wait to see it when he does it to our child! hopefully, this little one will be more obedient than its mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment