"I don't need to see everything...just more of You"

Monday, June 20, 2011

not that i'm complaining...

a friend of mine was asking how i had been feeling lately. usually when i am asked this question, i say "oh, fine" and go on about my way. for some reason, i decided to indulge myself a bit and waxed poetic about the ails of pregnancy.

thank the good Lord my constant nausea is gone. i do not miss it. it has, however, been replaced by the every-now-and-then nausea (usually at night) and a lovely amount of gas (don't worry...it doesn't go anywhere. it just sits in my tummy and makes me miserable).

i find it remarkable that my little peach-sized baby seems to be taking up so much room in the nest. i typically lounge in a curled-up little ball, feet to one side, leaning over to the other. no longer... it's not that my belly's too big (no comments, please)...i just can't actually breathe when i do that. this feeling of atelectasis (look it up) and low lung volumes causes me to stretch out in ridiculous positions, head hanging off the couch if need be, just to get comfortable and feel like i can take a deep breath! my husband is amused...he was previously unaware that he had married a contortionist.

sleeping is weird too. i'm supposed to lay on my left side (better blood flow to the peach), but i am kind of a stomach/right side sleeper (or at least, i used to be). so i basically flip around all night, from the right side to my back to the left side and then start all over again. for some reason, when i lay on my back, i can feel my heart beating...so much so that it keeps me awake. add to that the new routine of getting up three times (at 12, 4, and 6) to pee and the 5-6 dreams i am having each night (sorry for all the talking in my sleep, honey), and well...you can see why maybe i'm a little cranky sometimes.

additionally, my hormones have decided that three migraines a week might be something i could use right now, so that's adding a little extra fun to the mix.
all together, it's good times all around. and while i am not loving all these side effects, i do actually love being pregnant and am truly enjoying seeing our baby grow and grow.

i love you little peachy pie...make yourself at home. i'll get over it in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment