"I don't need to see everything...just more of You"

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

better than elmer's


there's a song that says:
can You hold me together
can Your love reach down this far
can You hold me together
'cause without You holding my heart
i'm falling apart

i have listened to this song many times via my local Christian radio station and i've always taken the "hold me together" part metaphorically, as i would imagine the author meant for me to. however, with all the miracles occurring daily in my belly, i have begun to claim the promise of being held together by the hands of God quite literally.

i have a bit of an imagination, and i have always pictured the ways of God in things that just make sense to me. every time i hear this song, i picture my baby, sitting in His hands, being molded and created bit by bit, fingernail by fingernail, blood vessel by blood vessel. if you've seen pinnochio, i see something like gepetto carving, sanding, and painting little pinnochio. it's a beautiful fulfillment of jeremiah 1:5, "before I formed you in your mother's womb, I knew you." it comforts me and helps me trust.

i also picture myself in the hands of God. my body, by medical standards, is broken and imperfect. and yet He has allowed me to carry this tiny miracle inside of me. i have always believed in miracles in a broad sense. now, it's very personal to me. yes, God loves us enough to give us our own little miracle! that's amazing...i can't really even comprehend that kind of love. and i know that He is molding me, spiritually and physically, to carry this baby. i can't imagine the nuts and bolts being moved, created, rearranged daily to accommodate this beautiful baby inside of me. i picture God's hands on my belly, holding my hands, and cradling my heart.

i am in awe of what He is doing in my life. i am so thankful, so blessed. He is holding me together. His love does reach down that far.

No comments:

Post a Comment