"I don't need to see everything...just more of You"

Saturday, November 20, 2010

how cold is it?

what a great day. yard sale day always is.

there's really nothing better than getting up at the crack of dawn, opening your garage door 45 minutes before your yard sale is supposed to start, and finding old people in your driveway ready and waiting to shop. it happens every time, like clockwork. and i love it. truly...yard sales are one of my most favorite events.

today while my husband stayed warm and snuggly in our bed, one of my best friends arrived on her crutches to keep me company and "help" me. she brought along her walker/speed-around-on-her-knee contraption, which is kind of hilarious, and managed to arrange things, wait on customers, chop onions for our soup, and not break her other ankle tripping on my rugs and over my dogs. as we sat shivering, wrapped up in our leopard-print snuggies holding mugs of hot cocoa, she said something profound: "it's so cold there's air coming out of my mouth." really, linds? and this is different from the norm for you to have air coming out of your mouth? of course, i knew that she meant, "its so cold i can see my breath", but the absurdity of her comment coupled with not quite being awake yet, having old people in my garage and freezing to death all at the same time caused hilarity to quickly ensue. we giggled our way through a few transactions and finally regained our composure.

we finally warmed up once the sun came out and it turned out to be a beautiful day. we filled our bellies with black bean soup and nearly an entire loaf of bread and laughed with other friends that stopped by throughout the day. someone took me up on my "free" box and took the whole thing. random children ran helter-skelter in my backyard. i shopped at my own sale and gave myself some very good deals. and at the end of the day, my husband popped out to buy us a batch of slice-n-bake cookies (which we also almost finished entirely) and then hauled all the leftover stuff away.

yard sale day rocks. my belly is full, my garage is empty, and there is money in my pockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment