"I don't need to see everything...just more of You"

Thursday, November 18, 2010

mud in the mouth is worth coffee in the cart

sometimes i think the universe tries to send you a message. it left me three messages today...i ignored them all and i think it makes for some good entertainment.

i am having a yard sale on saturday so i started my day today with a plan to put out my signs. i got the first three placed with no problemo, but numero quatro proved to be a little more difficult. it involved parking in the kroger parking lot, slip-sliding down a small hill, hiking up a ditch, and a fair amount of hammering. all while rush-hour traffic drove by. some of my best work. on the hike back up, i slipped a tad in the wet grass...and came up with a muddy face. please note: rush-hour traffic was still going by.

not to be deterred in having a good day, i went into kroger, washed up in the bathroom (thankfully, there weren't many people in kroger yet), and decided to help negate my little misadventure with a treat and some coffee. there is a starbucks in the kroger, so i waited in line and happily received my peppermint mocha and doughnut. cheered and ready to conquer the world, attempt number two, i turned around and promptly fell over the grocery cart parked behind me. the universe had sent a lady to park her cart two inches from me, only it didn't tell me that. it let me fall into her cart and spill my delicious peppermint mocha! she glared at me, i glared back. it was a very effective glare. geez lady...ever heard of personal space?!

my friends suggested i go back to bed and start the day over. my father suggested i go back to bed and surround myself with soft and fluffy things since it seemed likely that my ceiling would cave in. others suggested i not drive or eat today...too dangerous. i drove and ate anyway...and when i got to work, i realized i had lost my check card. i said $&#@%! and began digging around my desk and purse, begging my friends to help me. we did the whole "when's the last time you used it" bit (it was yesterday-i used a different card for the coffee and doughnut). i got out my wallet to show them where the card is usually kept. i pulled out the card i used on the coffee. IT WAS THE SAME CARD I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!! I NEVER LOST IT IN THE FIRST PLACE AND I HAD JUST USED IT ON THE COFFEE!!!!

ok universe: message received. i am now back in bed. i give up until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment